Who We Are
We are a Canadian success story spanning over 65 years and 500 employees looking to expand our team with new diverse and talented individuals. We believe that simplicity is the key to unlocking greatness, and we push past obstacles to help you be your best. We live our values through Respect, Passion, Simplicity, Progressive Thinking and a Family Focus.
Why We’re Thriving
We’re successful because we recognize that we are accountable to our employees, and they are at the heart of who we are. Here, we invest in the skills you have today and support you in exploring your growth through training, career development, and internal hiring. Over 25% of our staff Canada wide have been with us for over 10 years, and a further 10% over 25 years. That is a large chunk of life to give to a single employer, and we are extremely proud to provide our unwavering commitment to becoming your destination employer.
As one of our Heavy Equipment Repair Mechanics, you’ll play a key role in maintaining our Heavy Construction and Aerial Equipment and keeping our fleet rental ready.
About the Role
- Diagnosing, testing, and repairing electrical/hydraulic/diesel construction and aerial equipment including Skid Steers, Mini Excavators, Aerial Reach Equipment and towable equipment.
- Ensuring repairs produce consistent and reliable products while ensuring quality and safety standards are met.
- Following the appropriate checklists and procedures including reading and referring to owner’s manuals and schematics when conducting repairs.
- Operating and testing equipment and, where possible, under actual operating conditions.
- Providing guidance and effectively transferring your knowledge to Service Mechanics on the appropriate services or repairs required.
- Assessing and providing input related to equipment retirement.
- Possessing excellent product knowledge, including features, benefits, and safe operating techniques, and related accessories and products.
- Completing all work orders and related paperwork with respect to the repair of equipment in order to preserve the integrity of our Rental Management computer system.
- Maintaining inventory control documents to preserve the integrity of our Rental Management system
What We’re Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required
- Heavy Equipment trades certification is a strong asset
- Minimum 2 years of Heavy Equipment repair or related experience. Apprentices welcome!
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience with diesel & gas fuel engines and electric/hydraulic systems
To Help You Win
- Competitive hourly wages with bonus opportunities
- Paid time off
- Extended health care, dental and vision care after 3 months
- Guaranteed 42.5 hours per week, with overtime availability
- Annual uniform and PPE allowance
- Life insurance and RRSP matching
- Discounted gym membership and exclusive store discounts
- Internal career development, mentorship, and apprenticeship options
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the selection process.