Location: Aurora, ON
Due to the increasing demands of technical requirements from customers and potential customers via Sales and Service/Part Sales, we will require a Sales Liaison Engineer who provides technical reviews of any proposal requirements/documents, and then provide technical guidance to help the Sales team successfully present the proposal, as well as leading the designing phase with the Engineering team. This will ensure we have technical interactions from the initial phases of Sales proposals through to design completion to smoothly reduce cost and lead time.
WHY JOIN US?
We are growing!
- Competitive compensation package, variable pay
- Retirement Savings Plan with company matching 2x employee contribution up to 4% of base salary
- Diverse customer sectors and experience – continuous learning opportunity
- Professionally managed with a friendly, family-like, culture
- Team approach with strong customer service orientation
- Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, Short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare and dental care
- Family culture including volunteerism, Christmas party, golf tournament, BBQs and more
- Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the engineering team through design phase of all projects
- Leading design review meetings.
- Being part of all standard meetings.
- Work to the relevant ASME codes – including BPVC Sections I and VIII, B31.1, B31.3, CSA B51. Guide the Engineering team when required.
- Coordinate and support proposal information to the Engineering team
- Review customer technical specs and provide guidance to the Sales and Engineering Team
- Assist Sales Team activities to meet proposal deadlines
- Cooperatively work with Procurement to help create technical estimates for time and materials
- Interact with vendors/suppliers when required to assist in the creation of estimates
- Develop, or assist in developing, Sales calculation and estimation tools. Create standardized documentation, incl. Pump sizing, Valve sizing, plant layout, etc.
- Identify and analyze problems, challenges and/or barriers to proposal technical docs and apply knowledge to determine appropriate solutions.
- Provide timely support to sales, engineering, procurement, and production.
- Effectively document and present desired outcomes in technical terms.
- Produce work procedures, instruction manuals and technical specifications for equipment and services, when required.
- Assist in improving and creating standards to design & engineering best practices
- Collaborate effectively with the Sales and Engineering departments
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of boiler industry experience (or equivalent plant engineering experience)
- Leading Projects and Teams in a dynamic environment
- Bach. Science/ Bach. Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (minimum)
- Experience with, and knowledge of, the application of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (Section I and VIII), ASME B31.1, B31.3, CSA B51
- Knowledge of the jurisdictional processes for pressure vessels (TSSA, CNSC)
- Experience with current product manufacturing processes in structural and piping, incl:
- Sizing of pumps
- Sizing of valves
- Plant Layout
- Superior communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working with shop personnel and in manufacturing environments
- Experience leading projects using standard Project Management/PMI principles (Waterfall and/or Agile)
- Experience creating drawings to design best practices
- Ability to use CAD Tools (like AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, PDM)
- Ability to use an ERP system
- Lean engineering / manufacturing experience an asset
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in good standing of the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation:
This position is a full time role with a three (3) month probationary period.
The hours of work shall be consistent with the ordinary business hours of the Company and may vary from time to time.
We expect to compensate the successful candidate at a salary consistent with market and based on experience.
We are a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians. With our comprehensive product and service offering, we function as a one-stop shop for all of its customers’ steam and heating requirements.
The company currently operates from its Head Office, manufacturing and service facility in Aurora, ON and maintains separate sales and service offices in Cincinnati, OH , Orlando FL, Jacksonville, FL and Ottawa, ON.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.